Light fixtures are an easy way to make a statement in your home design. As a relatively inexpensive update, they are a great choice for refreshing a room on a tight budget as well as a safe way to try out new trends.
Here are some current lighting styles to inspire your space:
- The new gold: Soft gold is on the rise, bridging the gap between brushed silver and shiny gold. This subtle color blends with any decor scheme from farmhouse to modern.
- Mixed metals: Whether it’s multiple metal colors on a single fixture or multiple fixtures in the same room, mixing metals is not only acceptable right now, but it’s totally on trend.
- Modern, clean lines: Ornate metalwork is falling out of style as minimal, modern lights take center stage. Look for fixtures with clean lines, neutral colors, and simple, geometric designs.
- Natural materials: Wicker, cork, wood, clay, and bamboo shades are all options to bring a natural look to your fixtures. These materials are currently in high demand, and each one can add an interesting, earthy feel to your space.
- Large and in-charge fixtures: With the popularity of wide-open floor plans, larger fixtures create a statement without being overwhelming. Balance out larger fixtures by keeping others in the room smaller in size.
- High-contrast black: Especially popular in light, white kitchens, black fixtures provide high contrast to create dramatic lighting in a neutral space.
- Vintage exposed bulbs: Edison-style bulbs are preferred for the popular industrial look, and varying shades of color can contribute to the mood of your space. Try LED Edison bulbs for an energy-efficient option.
©2019 The Personal Marketing Company. All rights reserved. Reproductions in any form, in part or in whole, are prohibited without written permission. If your property is currently listed for sale or lease, this is not intended as a solicitation of that listing. The material in this publication is for your information only and not intended to be used in lieu of seeking additional consumer or professional advice. All trademarked names or quotations are registered trademarks of their respective owners.