With a new decade comes a refresh in home decor. Check out some of the trends designers predict will gain traction this year.
- Color in kitchens: While white cabinets remain timeless, designers are warming up all-white kitchens by adding wood accents, colorful tile, and navy or black cabinets.
- Wood or steel range hoods: Move over microwaves – statement range hoods over the stove are on the rise.
- A bench in the bathroom: With master bathrooms taking on a bigger purpose as spa-like retreats, a bench can serve multiple purposes. Place by a vanity for daily skincare routines or next to the tub to hold clean towels, candles and books.
- Picket tiles: With both ends pointed like the top of a picket fence, these tiles create a unique geometric pattern. They can be laid horizontally or vertically for kitchen backsplashes and bathroom walls or showers.
- Dark painted doors: Paired with eye-catching hardware, dark interior doors add extra personality to a room.
- Warm colors: This decade will see a shift from cool tones to an emphasis on warm, earthy hues.
- Rattan or wicker furniture: Bet big on this natural look with a full dining or patio set, or add small accents with light fixtures or bar stools.
©2020 The Personal Marketing Company. All rights reserved. Reproductions in any form, in part or in whole, are prohibited without written permission. If your property is currently listed for sale or lease, this is not intended as a solicitation of that listing. The material in this publication is for your information only and not intended to be used in lieu of seeking additional consumer or professional advice. All trademarked names or quotations are registered trademarks of their respective owners.