A safe, secure home fosters an atmosphere of ease and well-being. Make safety a top priority with these tips to protect your family from potential hazards.
- Store a fire extinguisher in an easy-to-access location.
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors regularly and replace every 10 years.
- Inspect appliances for frayed electrical cords and other damage.
- Locate and test water shut-off valves.
- Have your HVAC system and water heater inspected every year.
- Change air filters on a regular basis.
- Create an emergency escape plan in case of fire.
- Clean and inspect rain gutters and downspouts.
- Trim trees away from the house to help prevent damage from storms.