Use this fall home maintenance checklist to ensure your home is safe and ready for the change of seasons.
- Schedule all exterior home projects such as painting, deck staining or foundation repairs to be completed before cooler and potentially wetter weather arrives.
- Clean gutters of leaves and other debris to prevent blockage that could damage your roof and siding.
- Apply weatherstripping around window and door frames to help reduce energy costs.
- Prune trees and shrubs.
- If needed, fertilize, verticut or core aerate, and overseed your lawn.
- Hire a professional to inspect your HVAC systems and to replace air filters.
- Have your chimney cleaned and inspected for any damage by a certified chimney sweep.
- Consider upgrading the insulation in your home.
- Replace batteries in all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
Enjoy autumn by relaxing near your fireplace, chiminea or fire pit, knowing your home is attractively well-maintained.
©2021 The Personal Marketing Company. All rights reserved. Reproductions in any form, in part or in whole, are prohibited without written permission. If your property is currently listed for sale or lease, this is not intended as a solicitation of that listing. The material in this publication is for your information only and not intended to be used in lieu of seeking additional consumer or professional advice. All trademarked names or quotations are registered trademarks of their respective owners.